1. Contact us to Arrange a Trial Lesson
Fill out our online submission form by clicking the button below, or give us a call at (215) 645-0405. Once we have all the information we need, we will set off to connect you or your child with a teacher whose expertise matches your goals and interests. After we find a teacher whose availability syncs with yours, we will confirm the trial lesson date, time and location with you before scheduling. We do ask that you book your trial lesson on a day/time that would work for you if you decide to continue with lessons. This way we can make sure that you keep the same teacher moving forward!
2. Receive Introductory Emails
After scheduling your trial, you will receive the following emails from us:
- Invoice – Pay your invoice online to reserve your lesson time with your teacher. Please note that your lesson is not officially booked until your invoice is paid. Trial lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice may still be billable.
- Introductory Email – This will give you the basics of what you need to know before your trial lesson including the date, time and location.
- Teacher Information – Included in the introductory email will be a link to your teacher’s biography page on our website. You can browse this to learn more about your potential teacher before taking your trial lesson!
3. Take Your Trial Lesson
Your trial lesson will be your first meeting with your potential teacher. Your teacher will meet you either at one of our Philadelphia studios or at your home depending on what type of lesson you booked. This lesson is half price and is completely free of any further obligations. Before committing to a recurring lesson schedule, we want you to be certain that your teacher is the right fit for you!
4. Trial Lesson Follow-up
We will follow-up with you the day after your trial lesson to see how everything went. If you’re excited about continuing right after taking your first lesson you can feel free to email or call the office about setting up more lessons! Please do not try to book further lessons directly with your teacher. All scheduling must go through our office.
5. Set Up a Recurring Lesson Schedule
If you decide you’d like to continue taking lessons with your teacher after the trial lesson, our office will help you set up a recurring lesson schedule. We offer only weekly lessons during our peak hours: M-F 3:30pm – 8pm and Saturdays 9am – 3pm. If your lesson time falls outside of these hours we are happy to offer a more flexible lesson schedule.
6. Decide on a Payment Plan
We offer two main billing options for continuing with lessons:
- Monthly Billing – Most people choose to do weekly lessons at the same time every week and pay by the month. With this option you will receive an invoice at the beginning of each month for all the lessons in that month. Payment is due by the first lesson of each month. We are flexible with makeup lessons or skipping lessons as long as 24 hours notice is given.
- 10 Lesson Season Package (10% off) – We also offer a season package of 10 lessons at 10% off. This is a good option if you know you or your child will be taking lessons for at least a couple of months. Payment is due up front for all 10 lessons with this option. You can still skip lessons or do makeup lessons with this option as long as 24 hours notice is given. The season package is good until all 10 lessons are taught.
Registration Fee: There is a $25.00, one-time only registration fee for each student who is continuing with lessons. This will be included on your first bill and is good for a lifetime. If you decide to take a break from lessons for a couple of months, you will not be charged a second registration fee when you come back!
That’s It, Welcome to the Philly Music Lessons Family!